Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year!

"High Country Diamond"

Happy 2016!
I am trusting that a fresh season of creating art has begun, and look forward to sharing my progress.
Recently completed, "High Country Diamond" is an oil on canvas featuring a young horse growing strong in the mountain pastures. I enjoyed the challenge of capturing the colts' inquisitive expression, with the marking on the forehead hinting at the quality within.
I kept the palette to just four colors - ultramarine blue, cadmium red light, yellow ochre, and cadmium yellow plus white and black for a unified and harmonious look. The piece is beautifully framed and featured for sale at Art Country Canada in Bragg Creek.
























"Prince of the Hamlet"
In progress is this detailed graphite drawing of a handsome Mule Deer buck, a local neighborhood resident who posed quite willingly for my camera last year; I couldn't resist!

No comments: